Call for Papers and Major Topics
call for papers
The congress targets all the domains where embedded systems are crucial, such as transportation (aeronautics, automotive, railways, marine, unmanned vehicles,…), space exploration and satellite applications, ehealthcare, industry 4.0, robotics, defence, energy, telecoms. The congress welcomes submissions reporting academic and industrial research, practical experiments and use cases, feedback on new technologies, and position papers on open challenges or major trends.
This edition encourages contributions bringing new and inspiring ideas for the development, deployment and operation of safe, secure, autonomous and sustainable systems. This includes innovative methods to support the dependable integration of Artificial Intelligence algorithms, but also the use of those techniques to support the design and optimization of critical embedded systems. Contributions addressing software and hardware engineering practices to develop the high-performance computation and communication capabilities required by new embedded systems are welcome too.
Original and unpublished submissions are solicited, which may be under two forms: Regular and Short papers.
- Regular papers presenting achieved results. The selection will be based firstly on the review of extended abstract (4 pages) followed by the review of the full paper (10 pages) for final acceptance. Accepted regular papers will be published in the proceedings and presented in an oral session at the congress (registration and presentation by one author are mandatory).
- Short papers reporting on work in progress. The selection will be based on the review of the full short paper (4 pages). Each accepted short paper will be published in the proceedings and presented both as a poster and in a five-minute oral presentation at the congress (registration and presentation by one author are mandatory).
Major Topics of interet
Submissions are expected in all aspects of critical embedded real-time systems, and notably on the following topics:
Embedded computing platforms and networked systems
- Multi-core/manycore platforms,
Trusted execution platforms,
New computer architecture
Processes, methods and tools
- Agile techniques,
AI based development methods,
Model-based system and safety engineering,
Virtual engineering and simulation,
Product line engineering,
Software development frameworks,
Life Cycle Assessment for sustainability
- Cyber security,
- Quality of service,
- Fault tolerance,
- Health monitoring,
Privacy and data protection
Human system interactions
- User interfaces for command and control systems,
- Human monitoring and error evaluation,
- User-centred design,
- Automation design and function allocation
Autonomous and AI-based systems
- Dependable and trustworthy artificial intelligence,
Ethical and legal issues
ERTS - IMPORTANT DATES
Abstract of Regular &
Short Paper submission (4 pages) : October 15th, 2023, November 26th, 2023
Acceptance Notification : February 8th, 2024
Regular Paper for review (10 pages) : April 3rd, 2024
Final Paper (Short and Regular) : May 5th, 2024
Congress (new dates): June 11th to 12th, 2024